MEMBER HOSTED EVENT: City of Leduc's Coping with the Mental Impacts of the Pandemic and Loss
Join the City of Leduc and subject matter experts as we discuss the impacts of trauma and loss during a pandemic, understanding trauma and recognizing the signs and symptoms, and resources available for residents. A Q&A portion will follow the presentation to address any inquiries or concerns. Residents can submit their questions beforehand or during by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: April 6, 2021
Time: 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Location: City of Leduc’s YouTube Channel
- Impacts of the pandemic on our ability to cope
- Basics of trauma
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of trauma in children
- How to talk to your children about trauma
- City of Leduc FCSS resources and programs
- Bob Young, Mayor, City of Leduc
- Kevin Cameron, Executive Director, North American Centre for Threat Assessment and Trauma Response
- Sheila Chouvet, Registered Psychologist
- Amanda Ulrickson, Manager, City of Leduc Family and Community Support Services
MLA Brad Rutherford will moderate the live virtual session.
*For those who miss or are unable to view it live, a recording of this session will be posted on the website.
Additional resources about dealing with trauma at Leduc.ca/dealingwithtrauma or call FCSS at 780-980-7109. For 24/7 support, call or text 2-1-1.