20-226 Service Coordinator
Location: Wetaskiwin, AB
Exciting full-time opportunity!
Are you looking for a rewarding career opportunity? Do you have passion in providing support services to children and families? If the answer is “Yes!”, this is the job for you!
Catholic Social Services is currently recruiting for a permanent full-time (40 hours/week) Service Coordinator in Wetaskiwin.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
The Service Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of FSCD support services to individual children and their families. This position will be tasked with conducting initial assessment, service planning, and conducting follow up meetings to verify that the needs and requirements of children and their families are being met. The Service Coordinator will connect the family to appropriate social service providers as necessary. Other duties will include creating and maintaining case files in a confidential manner, acting as a point of contact for various support service agencies and as an advocate for the clients.
Education & Qualifications:
- A Diploma/Degree in Human Services, Recreation, or Disability certificate (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with people and children with complex personal/medical care needs
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory role
- Previous experience in mental health would be considered an asset
- A vehicle and valid class 5 driver's license - requirement to transport clients in your personal vehicle
- Clear and current driver's abstract
- Proof of vehicle insurance showing $2 million liability coverage
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Criminal record check
- Child intervention record check
The salary range for this position is $22.52 to $25.34 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.
We thank all applicants for applying, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.