Location: Wetaskiwin, AB
Are you looking for a rewarding career opportunity that puts your leadership skills to good use? Do you have passion in providing services to adults with complex needs? If the answer is “Yes!”, this is the job for you!
Catholic Social Services is currently recruiting for a contract part-time (20 hours/week) Service Coordinator II in Wetaskiwin. Please note, this position has an expected end date of October 31, 2021.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
The rewards are as plentiful as the challenges for a Service Coordinator in our Disability Ministry. You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1600 staff and 2000 volunteers delivering 130+ programs through Central and Northern Alberta.
The Service Coordinator is responsible for designing and leading others in the implementation of behaviour support plans, supporting individuals in learning day-to-day living skills, and developing strategies to helping them achieve their personal goals.
At Catholic Social Services, we promote a Service Leadership approach, and your past skills and experience will help you in the completion of:
- Supporting your staff with training and development.
- Developing programs tailored to the needs of our individuals.
- Coordinating staff scheduling.
- Supporting teams in maintaining program budgets.
- Creating environments that foster independence and self-determination.
As our programs operate on a 24 hour basis, the successful candidate must have flexible availability.
Skills and Abilities:
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Strong knowledge of community resources.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Sound leadership and staff management skills.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Experience and knowledge in the area of addictions and mental health.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to privacy.
- Must be able to be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Program planning and development skills an asset.
Education and Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Human Services (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with individuals with emotional and behavioral needs
- Experience supporting individuals with complex and high behaviours
- Supervisory experience is considered an asset
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Intervention Record Check
- Clear and current driver's abstract
- A vehicle and valid class 5 driver's license – requirement to transport clients in your personal vehicle
- Proof of vehicle insurance showing $2 million liability coverage
The salary range is from $22.52 to $25.34 per hour based on qualifications and experience
Please apply HERE
, to competition number 20-233.
This requisition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.