21-043 Casual Community Disability Worker I
Location: Wetaskiwin, AB
Are you looking for an inviting and exciting career opportunity? Do you want to provide a high quality of group care and support as well as be a role model for adults with developmental disabilities? If the answer is “Yes!”, this is the job for you!
Catholic Social Service is currently recruiting for a casual (replacement worker) Community Disability Workers in Wetaskiwin.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
Motivated, compassionate and organized, you enthusiastically assist with daily living activities and social events supporting dignity, independence and empowerment. You will be skilled in providing personal care, supporting persons with developmental disabilities, supporting mental health challenges and implementing programs tailored to individual needs. The successful candidate will be creative, energetic, and possess a calm personality to work with individuals with complex needs. You will be willing to engage in various community activities with a focus on recreation.
Please note, as our programs operate 24 hours per day, shift work is required and will include weekends.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 education. A Diploma/Degree in Disability Services, Social Work or Human Services (or equivalent) is considered an asset
- Minimum 6 months experience working with persons with developmental disabilities
- Valid Emergency First Aid/CPR
- Vulnerable Sector Check from local RCMP or city police detachment
- Child Intervention Record Check
- Clear and Current Drives Abstract
- A vehicle and valid class 5 driver's license – requirement to transport clients in your personal vehicle
- Proof of Vehicle Insurance showing $2 million liability coverage
The salary for this position is $17.71 - $18.79 per hour.
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers, to competition number 21-043. HERE
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.