Executive Assistant to the President
Executive Assistant to the President – Edmonton International Airport, AB
The Alberta Motor Transport Association (AMTA) is a not‐for‐profit organization operating as the voice, the standard, and the resource for commercial transportation since 1938. Our highest priority commitment is the safety of all roadway users, drivers, and all those who support the essential role of trucking in the supply chain. Representing 15,000 associate members and over 25,000 commercial vehicles in Alberta, our mission is to foster strategic partnerships and membership engagement through advocacy, the delivery of leading-edge education and the advancement of innovative technologies. Our Edmonton‐area location is south of Edmonton adjacent to the Edmonton International Airport.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the President and will act as the Corporate Secretary and liaison to the Board of Directors, oversee external relations efforts and provide support to special projects.
Primary Role Responsibilities
To assist the Alberta Transport Motor Association President through confidential administrative support, review, analysis and preparation of information. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Business writing and correspondence development
• Task and priority management
• Ensure a strong link and communication stream between the President and Operations through AMTA’s Executive Director
• Review all incoming correspondence, prioritize and file the President’s emails according to their preferences and instructions
• Serve as a point of contact on behalf of the President, Executive Staff and Board of Directors as well as officials from various levels of government, other stakeholders and the general public
• Assemble, prepare and distribute documentation, meeting agendas, resolutions and minutes for internal and external meetings
• Travel arrangements – hotel, car rental, flight booking, expense claims
• Calendar management – meeting bookings and schedule availability reporting, ensuring the President’s calendar has an ease of flow for daily activities. Recording the Executive’s location on the AMTA staff calendar
• Carrying out research into local, regional and national issues as required
• Administration of the Board of Directors
o Prepare minutes, agendas correspondence and resolutions
o Coordinating feedback collection from Board members when required
o Assist in the preparation of documents for the Annual General Meeting, including nomination, voting process information, agenda, speech and minutes.
o Maintain the Resolution Manual, Director Resource Manual and Alberta Government Lobbyist and Societies filings.
o Subject matter expert on the Association’s Bylaws and Governance Policies
o Under the direction of the Executive Director, participate in the development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures
Qualifications and Requirements
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an administrative role supporting a Senior Executive, reporting to a Board of Directors
• Not-for-Profit Governance knowledge would be considered an asset
• Proficient in Adobe Pro and Microsoft Office 365: Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and PowerPoint
• Strong background in Board Governance and Robert’s Rules of Order
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to work in a fast‐paced environment
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including part-time optional work from home allowances.
If you are interested in joining our organization and becoming part of a strong, dynamic team, please forward your resume at email@example.com by end of day Sunday, September 27, 2020.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.