JOB BOARD: Legislative Clerk (Full-time/Permanent)
The City of Wetaskiwin is looking for an energetic team-oriented individual that has working knowledge of privacy legislation and a strong desire to participate in the legislative process. Reporting to the City Manager, this position is responsible for providing support and information to the public, City Council, management and staff primarily in the areas of legislative services. This fantastic opportunity offers an attractive and competitive compensation package including benefits and a pension program.
- Provide support to Council and various Council Committee meetings by preparing agendas, recording meeting minutes and processing business arising from the meetings.
- Serve as the Clerk to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board and the Assessment Review Board by preparing agendas, recording hearing summaries and processing business arising from the hearings.
- Coordinate legislative and legal function and processes for the municipality including administering the development and management of bylaws, policies and administrative procedures. Develop and maintain a system of on-going policy and bylaw revision.
- Serve as the City’s FOIP Coordinator and oversee the City's records management program.
- Coordinate and conduct municipal census when approved in budget.
- Act as Returning Officer for municipal elections.
- Work with the City’s Communications Manager to provide updates on Council activities for inclusion in internal and external communication mediums.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or Certificate in public administration or a related field.
- A NACLAA certificate or CLGM designation will be considered assets.
- Minimum of three years municipal experience in a legislative service capacity.
- Proven ability to produce quality work in a complex, demanding, time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated skills in written communication, composition, grammar, spelling and clarity.
- Demonstrated verbal communication, interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software programs at an accelerated rate.
- Demonstrated researching skills.
- Familiarity with records management.
- Familiarity with Assessment Review Board and Subdivision and Development Appeal Board, candidates who have undergone clerk training.
- Ability to work occasional evenings.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, employees and others in a courteous and tactful manner and maintain positive and harmonious relationships with all whom the employee may come in contact.
Submit your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. This posting will remain open until filled, with resume review beginning November 5, 2019.
The City of Wetaskiwin is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement will be utilized for this Employment Opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted