Airport Maintenance Operator (Part-time/Term)
Airport Maintenance Operator (Part-time/Term)
Have you always had an interest in working in the aviation field? Do you have a keen understanding of maintenance and inspection requirements? If so, we would like to introduce you to our Term Airport Maintenance Operator position!
The City of Wetaskiwin is seeking an Airport Maintenance Operator to support our Airport Services for a 6-month term. Working in the terminal building, in the airfield, and on the aircraft movement areas of the Wetaskiwin Regional Airport, the part-time maintenance operator is a key member of the team, providing 7-day per week maintenance and airport operations services that comply with all aircraft operation regulatory, safety and industry standards.
Reporting to the Airport Management Coordinator, the Airport Maintenance Operator position will be accountable to, work alongside, and provide coverage for weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and one weekday for the Airport Management Coordinator.
You are the ideal candidate if…
- You are a natural trouble shooter.
- You enjoy a multitude of tasks.
- You are organized in all areas, including compiling documentation.
- You demonstrate safety and compliance with aircraft operation standards.
- You enjoy working both indoor and outdoors.
- You possess clear, well-developed communication skills.
Completing maintenance and regulatory requirements for safe aircraft operations activities (80%):
- Responsible to operate all machinery, tools and equipment associated with your duties, including ensuring equipment is properly inspected, utilized, and maintained.
- Operating heavy equipment on the airfield to maintain grass, signs, and aviation visual aids in compliance with wildlife, and safety mandates.
- Conduct snow and ice control through the application of specialized de-icing chemicals and/or aggregates and operating heavy snow removal equipment.
- Monitoring the airport’s UNICOM radio frequency to provide information to pilots and airport operational communications.
- Controlling Foreign Object Debris (FOD) on the airfield through the use of specialized FOD removal equipment and manual techniques.
- Performance of airfield/runway inspections, issuing aircraft movement area surface condition reports, identifying wildlife hazards, and conducting wildlife control activities.
- Summarize daily any airport equipment or facilities deficiencies and hazards identified, to facilitate timely reporting and implementation of corrective actions.
- Responsible for issuing NOTAMs and communicating to all airport users any hazards to aircraft operations or deviation from the Airport’s published operations.
- Provide excellent customer service and timely response to inquiries from the public, airport users, hangar owners, and pilots, through email communications, in person, on the phone, and by radio.
- May perform other duties as required.
Education and Qualifications
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Valid class 5 Alberta Driver’s license. Class 3 would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 1-year of experience in a safety sensitive role operating equipment such as commercial mowers and tractors and heavy equipment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain an Industry Canada Radio License within 30 days of employment.
- Aviation field maintenance experience preferred. Experience in construction, farming, field/grounds maintenance, or other related field of work.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Analyze conditions independently using sound judgement skills.
- Have a strong work ethic with a high level of initiative and enthusiasm, and an ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional attitude with exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
- A team player, capable of working both collaboratively and independently.
- A strong concern for the health and safety of self and others, with the ability to work safely and effectively under pressure.
Please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is end of day April 13, 2021.
The City of Wetaskiwin is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement will be utilized for this Employment Opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.