Assistant Manager, Corporate Strategy
Assistant Manager, Corporate Strategy
Strategy, People & Culture · Edmonton, Alberta
Who We Are
CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 160+ team members. CarePros not only provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behaviour diagnoses, but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood.
Our Organization is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's fastest growing companies and a champion of diversity. CarePros was the recipient of the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Diversity and the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Young Entrepreneur. We are also proud to announce that we placed #13 on the Canadian Business Growth List of Canada's Fasting-Growing Companies in 2020, #3 in Alberta, and #1 in Edmonton. With a combined 50+ years of management experience, CarePros has successfully grown its capacity and service offerings to provide 400,000+ hours of care across 300+ families over the last several years.
CarePros strives to hire the best and our goal is to build a workplace culture where our people care for the families we support, listen with compassion and humility, take accountability, champion diversity and collaboration, and drive positive change in the communities we serve. We want great people working together as a team to drive our success and realize our mission of being a champion for the special needs of children and their families.
We are currently looking to hire an Assistant Manager for our Corporate Strategy department in Edmonton, AB. This opportunity will be a full-time permanent position and is ideal for an experienced Management Consultant with corporate strategy and RFP experience. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of human services!
The Assistant Manager is focused on organizational growth and innovation. You will make an important contribution to the long-term sustainability of CarePros, working closely with stakeholders in ensuring positive community impact and sustainable results. Specific accountabilities include:
- Responsible for the continued diversification of revenue by leading the team responding to Requests for Proposals.
- Responsible for sourcing opportunities, proposal writing, and engaging with external bodies on advancing the interests and community footprint of CarePros.
- Utilize proven strategic analysis tools and methodologies to evaluate potential for new service lines and markets.
- Directing research to generate competitive/industry insights to ensure CarePros remains a leader in the Human Services space. Utilize strategic analysis tools such as Porters Five Forces and SWOT to support conclusions.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of a team of Analysts and Consultants in building a sustainable stream of diverse revenue sources.
- Support with government stakeholders regarding proposal submission requirements, requests for information, meetings, etc., as required.
Who You Are
You enjoy contributing strategically to organizational growth through seeking new business opportunities. You also have proven leadership skills, the ability to build long-term strategic relationships, and the ability to collaborate internally and externally to advance the interests of the Organization.
You possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (BBA) or Commerce (BCom) is required.
- Completion of a Master of Business Administration (MBA) is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of progressive and diverse experience as a Management Consultant (or in Management).
- Experience as a Management Consultant in a Corporate Strategy or Corporate Advisory Practice is preferred.
- Experience working with the public sector is preferred.
- 3-5 years in a supervisory capacity is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in responding to RFP’s and proposal writing is required.
- Evidence of sustained career progression and a track record of improving strategic, financial, and operational results.
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to corporate strategy, business development, market entry, and project management.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office products.
- Business Acumen – Understands how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Maintains working knowledge of competitors as well as current and possible future policies, practices, and trends. An individual that is strategic in nature and who stays focused on the big picture.
- Drive for Results – Pushes self and others to exceed goals and achieve results. Recognizes the required actions, communicates the priorities to others, and mobilizes them to act.
- Problem Solving - Uses a systematic process to solve problems, including examining information from a variety of sources, identifying the root-cause of problems, drawing appropriate conclusions, and generating solutions.
- Relationship Management – Able to build relationships with the business community, organizational teams, and key stakeholders that are built upon trust.
- Leading Others - Acts to influence others’ opinions and/or behavior to affect positive change.
- Communication - Ability to concisely and clearly explain concepts using written, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork - Demonstrates ability to work in teams. Fosters teamwork by creating a culture of team accountability and sharing wins and success with all members of the team.
- Collaboration - The ability to identify and share best practices by efficiently utilizing internal and/or external networks. Able to work cross-functionally to draw upon others knowledge and skills.
- Negotiation - Can negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups, can win concessions without damaging relationships.
What We Offer
As a valued employee at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
- Performance-Based Pay Increases - If you are a great contributor, you deserve to be rewarded for it. CarePros rewards high performance with increased pay and bonuses.
- A flexible schedule that fits you – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Building relationships - We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.