Assistant Manager, Strategy & Operations
Assistant Manager, Strategy & Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Setting a new industry standard for caregivers!
Who We Are
Today, CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 130+ team members. CarePros not only primarily provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behaviour diagnoses including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder (FASD), but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood. With a combined 50+ years of management experience, CarePros has successfully grown its capacity and service offerings to provide 250,000+ hours of care across 200+ families over the last several years.
CarePros strives to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What makes CarePros special is how much we encourage independent decision making, sharing of information, and respect candid discussion. We want great people working together as a team and that makes us fun, flexible, creative, collaborative, and successful.
We are currently looking to hire an Assistant Manager for our Strategy & Operations. department in Edmonton, AB. This opportunity will be a full-time permanent position. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care!
The Assistant Manager is focused on organizational growth, innovation, and the achieving/maintaining the accreditation of Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Specific accountabilities include:
Responsible for the continued diversification of revenue by leading the team responding to Requests for proposals.
Responsible for sourcing opportunities, proposal writing, and engaging with external bodies on advancing the interests and community footprint of CarePros.
Liaise with government stakeholders regarding proposal submission requirements, requests for information, meetings, etc., as required.
Support with spearheading new programs or initiatives within the organization in order to provide a strong foundation and engage the Service Delivery team to maintain such initiatives.
Who You Are
As the Assistant Manager, Strategy & Operations, you enjoy contributing strategically to the organizational growth through seeking new business opportunities. You are also sound at making business decisions with good data, balancing multiple priorities, and working in a team first environment. You possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (B.B.A) or Commerce (B.Comm) is required.
- Completion of a Master of Business Administration (MBA) is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive and diverse experience as a Management Consultant (or in Management) in the Home Care, Healthcare, or Public Health fields.
- 3-5 years in a supervisory capacity is preferred.
- Experience managing government relationships is a definite asset. Experience with working with Child Services or Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) is a significant asset.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office products.
- 3-5 years of experience in responding to RFP’s and proposal writing is required.
- Communication - Ability to concisely and clearly explain concepts using written, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Planning and Organizing - Ability to efficiently prioritizes activities, establish appropriate courses of action, and monitor progress.
- Teamwork - Demonstrates ability to work in teams. Fosters teamwork by creating a culture of team accountability and sharing wins and success with all members of the team.
- Collaboration - The ability to identify and share best practices by efficiently utilizing internal and/or external networks. Able to work cross-functionally to draw upon others knowledge and skills.
- Negotiation - Can negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups, can win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Leading Others - Acts to influence others’ opinions and/or behavior to affect positive change.
What We Offer
As a valued employee at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
- Performance-Based Pay Increases - If you are a great contributor, you deserve to be rewarded for it. CarePros rewards high performance with increased pay and bonuses.
- A flexible schedule that fits you – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Building relationships - We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
How to Apply
Apply on our website today HERE
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.