Setting a new industry standard for caregivers!
Who We Are
CarePros is a rapidly growing home care agency based in Edmonton, AB. At CarePros, we are passionate about enhancing the quality of life for our client’s and their loved ones. We deliver the highest level of care by leveraging leading edge technologies, cultural competency, and compassion from the best caregivers in industry. To maintain our place as an industry leader, we believe in continuously adapting our delivery model by implementing evidence-based practices from newly published research into training programs.
Quality home care is a fundamental human need; it gives us peace of mind that in the event of illness or tragedy, our loved ones will be taken care of. CarePros strives to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What makes CarePros special is how much we encourage independent decision making, sharing of information, and respect candid discussion. We want great people working together as a team and that makes us fun, flexible, creative, collaborative, and successful.
We are currently looking to hire a Full-Cycle Bookkeeper in Edmonton, AB. This opportunity will be a Full-Time Permanent position. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care.
As a Bookkeeper, you will be primarily responsible for full-cycle bookkeeping, utilizing accounting software to prepare reports, maintaining accounting ledgers, reconciling accounts, resolving inconsistencies, and maintaining financial security. The Bookkeeper will work closely with the Payroll Specialist and AR/AP Specialist in supporting a versatile accounting and payroll function.
There will also be an Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable aspect to this position. In this capacity, you will support the Company through the in-depth review of detailed contracts and purchase orders to perform invoicing, cash application, and collections. You will also support the Payable function, ensuring that all accounts are properly paid, and that all invoices are posted to provide accurate management reports.
Who You Are
You have 2-3 years of progressive Bookkeeping and AR/AP experience. This position is ideal for a professional who thrives in a changing and flexible work environment. You are a self-starter, enjoy working in a collaborative and team-based environment, and are driven to produce exceptional results in a growing business. You also have a high attention to detail and accuracy, ability to analyze data for inconsistencies, think outside the box to solve problems, and communicate complex concepts to various audiences.
You possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- Post-Secondary Accounting Certificate or Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance major considered an asset) is considered an asset but not required.
- 2-3 years of experience in an Accounting or Bookkeeping role is preferred.
- Related academic achievement, progress towards or achievement of a recognized accounting designation desirable but not necessary.
- Working knowledge of trial balances, general ledger (GL) databases, financial statement close processes and accounting matters.
- Certification in or strong experience working with accounting and tax software such as QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online and other Cloud programs.
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What We Offer
As a valued employee at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
- Performance-Based Pay Increases - If you are a great contributor, you deserve to be rewarded for it. CarePros rewards high performance with increased pay and bonuses.
- A flexible schedule that fits you – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Building relationships - We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.