Grant Thornton LLP
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton.
Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do.
We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a special organization that’s purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Technician / Bookkeeper, your responsibilities include:
- Performing full-cycle bookkeeping and payroll functions to assist clients in the accurate preparation of monthly / quarterly or annual internal financial statements
- Performing reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts including : bank accounts, credit cards, lines of credit, loans, accounts payable, accounts receivable, capital assets and depreciation
- Calculate payroll cheques including CRA remittances and preparation of, ROE’s, T4’s & WCB reports
- Assisting a broad range of privately held business clients with day to day accounting queries
- Calculation and submission of sales and commodity taxes ( GST / HST )
- Ensuring all client deadlines are met with regards to payroll source deductions, GST / HST, WCB, EHT and any other government filings that may be applicable
- Receiving and organizing client documentation including statements, receipts and records entries
- Checking figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper general ledger codes
- Complying with all federal, provincial, tax regulations along with company policies and procedures
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action.
Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back.
At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are.
And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens.
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day read our colleagues stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Bookkeeper / Accounting Technician? Like the colour purple?
Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- An accounting or bookkeeping certificate, diploma and / or 3+ years bookkeeping experience, preference for experience in a public practice environment
- QuickBooks / Sage certified and / or indepth knowledge or certification of online / cloud based accounting systems such as QBO Basic / Xero and related apps (i.
- e., Hubdoc, Receipt Bank, Wagepoint) considered an asset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be an articulate and versatile communicator, both written and verbal
- An ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to execute on deliverables in a deadline driven environment
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and complex environment
- Ability to transact in multiple accounting software programs
- Results-oriented with a sense of urgency. Quick learner, self-starter and exudes a can do attitude
- Good understanding of team dynamics and cohesion. Strong team player and collaborator
- Desire to learn and grow, and be an integral part of a high-performing team
- Loves technology
Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory.
We welcome applications from designated group members Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection / hiring process.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via careers ca.
gt.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.