CASUAL CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR - PRACTICAL NURSE
Job ID 2020-2793
CASUAL CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, PRACTICAL NURSE
FACULTY OF HEALTH AND COMMUNITY STUDIES
Are you looking for an opportunity to shape the next generation of nurses? NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Faculty of Health and Community Studies team as a Clinical Instructor, Practical Nurse Program.
NorQuest College has one of the largest Practical Nurse Programs in Canada. We offer multiple modes of delivery and provide our learners with varied and robust learning experiences. We utilize low and high fidelity simulation to augment the learner experience providing students with a safe learning environment.
Our instructors enjoy making a positive impact on the lives of the students they teach. You will join an academic community that thrives on energy, motivation, and dedication to the successes of both our students and colleagues.
Our students come to us with the goals of improving their lives and the lives of those around them. Join us and help them achieve their goals.
How you’ll make a difference
As a NorQuest Instructor, you will facilitate learning in in a variety of health care settings in the Edmonton region. This includes both acute and continuing care. Instructors help learners acquire the knowledge, skills and attitude to meet the professional nursing standards. You will need to possess excellent communication skills as your primary role is to assist student understanding of the practical nurse scope of practice both face to face and online delivery.
The hours of work are usually day time, Monday to Friday; however clinical rotations may include an evening component. Casual instructors teaching in the clinical setting are needed to commit to a minimum of 4 consecutive weeks of full time hours at a time. We are looking for casual instructors for the Practical Nurse Program at our main campus.
What you bring
- RN or LPN with applicable degree
- 3-5 years acute care/online teaching experience/Long term care
- Current CARNA or CLPNA registration
- Current CPR
What makes you a Difference Maker?
- A Police Information Check within the last ninety days
- A Vulnerable Sectors Check within the last ninety days
- Up to date immunization records
SALARY: Reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. This opportunity also includes 11.2% in lieu of vacation and benefits.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2020-2793
CLOSING DATE: Open until suitable candidate found
Apply to become a NorQuester: If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document. HERE
Psst: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers. If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.