· Carepros - Edmonton, Alberta
Setting a new industry standard for caregivers!
Who We Are
CarePros is a rapidly growing home care agency based in Edmonton, AB. At CarePros, we are passionate about enhancing the quality of life for our client’s and their loved ones. We deliver the highest level of care by leveraging leading edge technologies, cultural competency, and compassion from the best caregivers in industry. To maintain our place as an industry leader, we believe in continuously adapting our delivery model by implementing evidence-based practices from newly published research into training programs.
Quality home care is a fundamental human need; it gives us peace of mind that in the event of illness or tragedy, our loved ones will be taken care of. CarePros strives to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What makes CarePros special is how much we encourage independent decision making, sharing of information, and respect candid discussion. We want great people working together as a team and that makes us fun, flexible, creative, collaborative, and successful.
We are currently looking to hire a Communications Coordinator to support our growing Marketing and Public Relations department. This would be a fantastic opportunity for someone who is an intermediate level Communications Professional looking to gain experience in a dynamic and exciting industry.
As the Communications Coordinator you will be primarily responsible for
- supporting in the development of the overall marketing and communications strategy and execution of initiatives related to social media and diversity and inclusion.
- supporting in the development of the media strategy, evaluation of media requests, planning and oversight of media events, development of new media partnerships and interview opportunities, while actively pursuing media opportunities to expand the profile of CarePros.
- working closely with provincial Government stakeholders to ensure CarePros brand and reputation is enhanced.
- building and supporting a strategic communications approach for aligning corporate philanthropy, community sponsorships, and inclusion and diversity initiatives, both externally and internally.
- working in collaboration with the marketing department to ensure the timely delivery of all corporate communications to relevant stakeholders in the media and community.
- writing press releases, media alerts, electronic messages and talking points to ensure a consistent and professional approach with media and community relations.
- enhancing the visibility of the CarePros brand via social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc., and motivate followers to calls for action.
Who You Are
As the Communications Coordinator, you enjoy working collaboratively and communicating with multiple stakeholders, helping to build a brand in an industry that provides support for persons with disabilities, and utilizing social media to engage with community stakeholders. You also enjoy dealing with the media and government officials in a Public Relations role, geared at expanding the corporate brand and profile.
You possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- Completion of a Bachelors Degree specializing in Business, Communications, Marketing, or Public/Media Relations, from a recognized Post-Secondary Institute is required.
- 2 to 4 years of Corporate Communications and Social Media experience is required, preferably in a Marketing Agency or large corporate environment.
- 2-3 years of graphic design experience is preferred. Familiarity with image editing and graphic design tools (Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator) is an asset.
- 2-3 years of experience in preparing press releases, news articles, and promotional pieces is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in conducting press conferences, media events, and interviews is preferred.
- Experience working with a variety of social media platforms to promote product benefits (including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Experience with video recording, editing, and online publication tools (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) is an asset and preferred.
What We Offer
As a valued employee at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
A flexible schedule that fits you – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
A collaborative work environment - We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.