Community Support Worker - Weekends
The Open Door is hiring Community Support Workers for the 7am-7pm weekend shift (Saturday and Sunday) to work within the 24/7 Integrated Response Hub in Wetaskiwin. We are recruiting passionate and dedicated staff who would like to help others.
Community Support Workers are responsible to:
- Provide support services to individuals accessing programming with respect, dignity, compassion and confidentiality.
- Provide support utilizing a client centered, trauma informed, strengths based approach, facilitating holistic and wrap around responses to the individual needs of each client.
- Provide effective intervention to deal with concerns and conflict resolution between individuals utilizing programming.
- Support the individuals in their identified personal development of connections, community inclusion and cultural practices.
- Complete all relevant documentation, assessments and case management.
- Maintain ongoing communication with other team members.
- Complete safety checks, participate in or deliver relevant programming groups and provide day to day basic needs for individuals, as necessary.
- Certificate, diploma or degree in relevant field (Human Services, Addictions, Mental Health, Social Work, Psychology).
- Clear Criminal Record Check.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- First Aid/ CPR.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Ability to use technology such as computers, cell phones, tablets and database systems.
*This program will serve vulnerable individuals, and individuals who may be under the influence of a substance and/or experiencing mental health issues. Applicants MUST be both comfortable and experienced in this line of work.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and a resume through Indeed outlining their qualifications, and why they feel they are a fit for this position.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.10-$21.10 per hour
- Human Services: 3 years (Preferred)
Please apply on Indeed HERE