High School Carpentry Apprentice
HEY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS!
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CAREER IN CARPENTRY?
Would you like to develop your skills in the construction industry, earn a part-time income, and gain high school credits all at the same time?
MSL Projects and Design Inc. has exciting opportunities to help you train for a career in the construction field through the Registered Apprentice Program (RAP).
- Must be a High School student, in Alberta.
- Motivated to pursue a career in carpentry.
- Eager to learn all aspects of the construction field.
- Must be energetic, diligent, and hardworking.
- Ability to take instruction from others, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be a team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic construction/renovation skills are an asset.
- Basic knowledge of power tools.
- Aspire to apprentice at NAIT or other post secondary institution, after graduation.
- Must have own transportation.
Responsibilities of the Job:
- Work with a Journeyman Carpenter who will assist you in developing a variety of construction skills.
- Show up at work on time, with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Keep a safe and clean environment, both on and off-site.
- Interact and learn from your Mentor and other team members.
- Attend regular High School classes.
Who we are:
MSL Projects and Design Inc. has been an industry leader in the construction and renovation field since 2003. We are a fast-paced company in Leduc, Alberta, who specialize in home renovations, framing, and commercial developments. Our team, consisting of several Journeymen carpenters, have learned our trade through apprenticing with other skilled Mentors. Because of this, we value the opportunity to learn new skills both on-site and through high school and post-secondary education. Many students have apprenticed with us; several of them have gone on to accomplish Journeyman tickets, of their own.
What is the RAP Program?
The Registered Apprentice Program, offered through Alberta Advanced Education, is a partnership between you, your high school, and an approved employer. It is designed to help students learn a trade while still in High School. RAP students are both registered apprentices and full-time students. While you continue to take classes, you can also earn credits by learning from a Journeyman Carpenter on our worksite. Schedules are flexible and may include part days, weekends, or summers, to be discussed upon interviewing.
If you are ready to start your career now, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - Quote “RAP2020” in the subject line.
Please feel free to contact us at the above email address, if you would like any additional information; or speak to the RAP Coordinator or Student Services Liaison at your school.
Join the MSL team, learn from the best!
Job Type: RAP Student