Finance & Administration · Edmonton, Alberta
Department Finance & Administration
Employment Type Full-Time
Minimum Experience Senior Manager/Supervisor
Who We Are
CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 130+ team members. CarePros not only provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behaviour diagnoses, but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood.
CarePros is a highly awarded organization with accolades including the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Diversity, the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Young Entrepreneur, as well as achieving Number 13 on the Canadian Business Startup List for 2020. With a combined 50+ years of management experience, CarePros has successfully grown its capacity and service offerings to provide 400,000+ hours of care across 300+ families over the last several years.
We are currently looking to hire a Full-time Permanent Controller for our growing company based in Edmonton, AB. You’ll get to work with an entrepreneurial organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care.
As the Controller, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Directing and managing all of the finance and accounting functions for the business.
- Working closely with the President to play a vital role in supporting operations with:
- Decision support
- Financial analysis and planning
- Allocation of resources
- Process improvement
- Operational performance improvement
- Financial reporting.
- Ensuring the integrity of the financial results
- Preparing financial statements in accordance with reporting standards.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual Management, Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) for Advisory Board and ownership.
Who You Are
You have 7-10 years of progressive and diverse experience in the field of accounting or financial management. You also are able to work collaboratively, communicate with diverse stakeholders, drive results, and challenge the status quo.
The following are the required qualifications for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is required.
- Experience in the home care or healthcare industry is preferred, but not required.
- Industry experience in the small-medium enterprise (SME) sector is preferred.
- Experience working with financial institutions in negotiating lowest possible cost of capital and securing capital.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including but not limited to independent service providers and Information Technology contractors, is a definite asset.
- A strong alignment and commitment to working in an environment that actively promotes Inclusion and Diversity.
What We Offer
As a valued employee at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
- Performance-Based Pay Increases - If you are a great contributor, you deserve to be rewarded for it. CarePros rewards high performance with increased pay and bonuses.
- A flexible schedule that fits you – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Building relationships - We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
How to Apply
Apply on our website today at carepros.ca HERE