CORPORATE TREASURY ANALYST
CORPORATE TREASURY ANALYST
Job Location CA-AB-EdmontonPosted
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Corporate Services & Finance team as a Corporate Treasury Analyst. This vital role will provide oversight of both cash and portfolio investments for the college making adjustments and recommendations in both areas. With advanced communication skills and the ability to analyze and forecast with accuracy, this position will provide leadership and expertise in our cash accounting and investment portfolio.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Day to day point of contact for financial institutions the college has partnered with including banks, payment card industry services partner and international payment services providers.
- Oversight of the accounting for Cash including preparation of accounting entries, bank reconciliations and preparation of cash related notes in the college’s financial statements.
- Develop business processes, policies and/or procedures for the acceptance of cash including appropriate risk management mitigation strategies for both existing and new business partnerships and enterprises in accordance with college policies and procedures and PSAS.
- Forecasting of colleges cash flow needs.
- Day to day point of contact with portfolio investment management firm(s).
- Oversight of the accounting for portfolio investments including reconciliations and preparation of related notes in the college’s financial statements in accordance with the colleges policies and procedures and PSAS.
- Lead the preparation of documentation and participate in discussions in response to the various audits performed for the college.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reporting documentation required by Advanced Education as required.
- Variance analysis on changes in values year over year and against applicable budgets.
- Identify and lead business process improvement activities with respect to the management of cash and portfolio investments. Strategic thinking around payment opportunities for the future for our learners while ensuring risk perspectives are fully considered.
- Support the optimization of working capital
WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- CPA designation preferred.
- 3-5 years of full cycle accounting experience
- 3-5 years of experience within a cash management and treasury solutions role, preferably in the public sector or post-secondary environments.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial statement reporting, financing principles and audit standards.
- 3-5 years of experience in delivering projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the management of cash and portfolio investments with a focus on automation. Lean six sigma experience will be an asset.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of applications with strong Excel and Word skill.
- 3-5 years of experience working within a large ERP system. Experience with PeopleSoft is preferred.
WHAT MAKES YOU A DIFFERENCE MAKER
- Proven ability to prioritize and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new skills while building partnerships with stakeholders and fostering team work.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a business development mindset to grow and develop their business opportunities.
- Strong understanding of Canadian payments landscape including the pros and cons of various payment methods.
- Knowledge of fraud, risk and controls for payments; experience in a regulated compliance environment is a bonus.
- Strong understanding of cash management (cash flow, account management etc.).
- Sound knowledge of corporate finance processes and capital structure.
- Passion for building strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Success in developing and implementing simple internal controls and processes out of complex ideas.
- Proven ability to lead large scale projects and achieve deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
SALARY: $66,355 - $82,944 reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. Plus, immediate access to our great pension and benefit programs.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2021-2921
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
APPLY TO BECOME A NORQUESTER: If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
PSST: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers. If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.