Crisis Intervention Worker
Crisis Intervention Worker
Service Delivery · Edmonton, Alberta
Setting a new industry standard for caregivers!
Who We Are
Today, CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 130+ team members. CarePros not only primarily provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behaviour diagnoses including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder (FASD), but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood. With a combined 50+ years of management experience, CarePros has successfully grown its capacity and service offerings to provide 250,000+ hours of care across 200+ families over the last several years.
CarePros strives to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What makes CarePros special is how much we encourage independent decision making, sharing of information, and respect candid discussion. We want great people working together as a team and that makes us fun, flexible, creative, collaborative, and successful.
We are currently looking to hire a Crisis Intervention Worker for our Service Delivery Department in Edmonton, AB. This opportunity will be a permanent position, Monday-Friday from 4- 10pm. You will be expected to be on-call in case there is a need for on-site support for emergencies/crises.
Reporting to the Manager of Service Delivery, the Crisis Intervention Worker will be responsible for responding to calls to assist our team and clients (children/youth) who are in a crisis situation, often related to behavioural or mental health concerns. The Crisis Intervention Worker must assess situations, identify required needs, and provide necessary education/training.
A key function of this position is to provide support to clients and staff experiencing an emergency. The Crisis Intervention Worker will assist through interventions to divert inappropriate use of medical and police services and support individuals to make appropriate service connections.
Who You Are
This is a highly sensitive role where you may encounter a wide range of emergencies and crises. The ideal candidate will be quick to respond to change, maintain composure under stress, communicate effectively and empathize with others, and diffuse escalating situations. You will also be able to use good judgement in making well-informed decisions, prioritize efficiently, and change priorities to meet constantly changing demands.
You possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- Post-secondary education in Social Work, Psychology, or community addictions or mental health is required.
- Must have two years of experience delivering community-based services as a Crisis Intervention Worker to individuals with developmental disabilities and/or individuals with mental health concerns.
- Experience with FSCD, PDD, AISH and/or similar organizations is required.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices, motivational interviewing, and cognitive-behavioral techniques.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of poverty-related issues, trends, and services, particularly within, but not limited to the urban Indigenous population.
- First Aid Certificate and CPR Level C is required.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract with minimal violations.
- Criminal Record and Child Intervention Check will be required.
What We Offer
As a valued employee at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
- Performance-Based Pay Increases - If you are a great contributor, you deserve to be rewarded for it. CarePros rewards high performance with increased pay and bonuses.
- A flexible schedule that fits you – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Building relationships - We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
How to Apply
Apply on our website HERE
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.