Support Staff Positions
Location: Pigeon Lake Regional School
Competition #: 12943
Open To: All
Date Posted: February 10th, 2021
Closing Date: February 24th, 2021 - 12:00pm
Job Start Date: March 1st, 2021
$19.39 to $22.68
Hours Per Week:
20 hours weekly
The Wetaskiwin School Division requires a part time Custodian to work from 3:30 to 7:30 pm at Pigeon Lake Regional School. Applicants must be able to perform tasks independently. Previous custodial experience within a school setting would be an asset, however, paid training will be provided.
The Custodian is responsible for maintaining the safe and clean operation of the school and school grounds. The candidate will be eligible for paid vacation, benefits and participation in the pension plan. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Routine cleaning duties and minor grounds maintenance such as snow removal, garbage collection, etc. (as per the WRPS Custodian Handbook)
- Participate in the Professional Development activities and the WRPS Health & Safety program
- Communication with internal contacts within the department and informal contact with school staff, students, parents and vendors
- Working knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in custodial work
- Demonstrate skill in the use of custodial cleaning equipment and/or willingness to be trained
- Have six months previous custodial or cleaning experience and/or willingness to be trained
- Positive attitude
- Physically fit to perform the functions of this position, walking, bending lifting of 50 lbs.
- must possess the ability to work with minimal supervisor, alone and/or in a group setting
- Experience in a Health & Safety program
- Basic computer skills including google email, using a computer work order system
We thank all those who apply for their interest but only short listed applicants will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a clean Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector check and a Child Welfare check as a condition of employment.