Dining Room Server
Dining Room Server
Seasons Retirement Communities
Wetaskiwin, AB, Canada - Part Time
Part-time, Days/Evenings (11 AM - 7 PM, 30 hours bi-weekly)
Starting wage - $15.47
Seasons Retirement Communities, Wetaskiwin
5430-37A Avenue, Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 3A8
Our Mission to You:
As a certified Great Place to Work®, Seasons believes that every single team member plays an important role in the overall happiness of our residents. We foster a culture of growth and support for our committed team members and offer opportunities for personal and professional development to advance a rewarding career in the seniors housing sector.
What We Look For:
Seasons looks for individuals who are enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the life of another person. We hire individuals who are committed to building meaningful relationships and strive for service excellence so our residents can be proud to call Seasons their home. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile and putting a little “wow” into everything we do is the Seasons way!
Your Job: We’re looking for a Dining Server. This role is responsible for serving meals and servicing catering events while ensuring an exceptional dining experience to residents and guests.
- Prepare food for serving to the residents and ensuring resident satisfaction with meal service
- Take orders, setting and stripping tables and serving food/beverages in accordance with established policies and procedures and all applicable regulations
- Unpack and store supplies; maintain work and storage areas in a clean, safe sanitary manner
- Wash, clean and sort dishes, cutlery, fixtures and equipment used for food preparation and service
- Operate and clean food equipment, furniture and maintain dining area
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively, and follow written/verbal instructions
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be able to operate related equipment
- Must have/obtain current Smart Serve Certification
- Must have/obtain current Safe Food Handler’s Certification
- Experience working in a kitchen is considered an asset
- Ability to lift up to and including 50 pounds is considered an asset
Why Should You Apply?
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note during COVID-19: At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the well-being of the successful candidate.