DIRECTOR, FUND DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS
DIRECTOR, FUND DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS
Job ID 2021-2905
# Positions 1
Job Industry Education
Career Level Executive
Experienced Years of Experience 10
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Advancement team as the Director of Fund Development and Alumni Relations. This dynamic and integral role will create, implement and lead intentional and robust fundraising campaigns with both existing and new donors. In addition, the successful candidate will find ways forward to revolutionize alumni relations.
Using entrepreneurial methods to find ways forward in relationship building while engaging and growing connections with our current stakeholders is key in the success of this role. We’re searching for someone with the vision to be boldly curious and intentionally courageous in the areas of post-secondary philanthropy and alumni relations. If you are an engaging leader with an affinity for influencing and a passion for mentoring, you will find success and fulfillment in this role.
This role is foundational to NorQuest College. We are seeking someone who truly believes in our story and wants to make a difference in the lives of our students, the communities we serve and in our province.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Provide leadership and inspiration to the division that aligns with the overall strategic vision of the college.
- Create and implement a robust fund development strategy that creates meaningful and sustainable relationships with NorQuest community of staff, faculty, students, alumni and partners.
- Conceptualize and realize vigorous fundraising campaigns, including developing and executing plans, managing resources, compiling research and conducting special events.
- Develop leading-edge donor recognition and donor stewardship programs.
- Build engaging ways for alumni to remain connected with the college.
- Establish and cultivate life-long partnerships and strategic alliances with educators, businesses, industry, government and communities.
- Engage with college faculty in new and innovative ways to collaborate on alumni and fund development activities.
- Harness potential and build accountability within the team.
- Leads and/or participates on internal and external committees as the key representative for the Advancement division.
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with government, industry and the community
- Promotes and maintains partnerships with other post-secondary institutes, government agencies and industry to improve revenue generation through social enterprises
- Advocates on behalf of the college will external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Business Administration Degree, specific fundraising training and related experience in the post-secondary environment.
- 10 years relevant, transferable experience
- Senior leadership experience of at least five years
WHAT MAKES YOU A DIFFERENCE MAKER
- Entrepreneurial spirit with proven successes in post-secondary philanthropy and fund development.
- Significant experience and a track record of success in building and cultivating meaningful relationships with donors and partners.
- Innovative strategies to generating revenues.
- Motivational leader with the ability to coach and mentor teams to success.
- Master negotiation skills with the ability to influence individuals at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, poise, judgement, political sensitivity, and emotional intelligence.
- Proven ability to create inclusion while working with diverse groups of people.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ethical decision-making skills and the ability to conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Fiscally responsible with the capacity to create and manage complicated budgets.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong roots in social enterprise.
SALARY: $133,685 - $167,106 reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. Plus, immediate access to our great pension and benefit programs.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is found. First review of applicants will occur during the week of March 1, 2021. We will continue to review applicants on a weekly basis past that date.
APPLY TO BECOME A NORQUESTER: If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
PSST: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers. If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.