The dispatcher is responsible for the timely and accurate dispatch of sub-haulers for vehicle pick-up and delivery while providing excellent service to customers.
- Outbound calls to pick-up locations.
- Dispatch sub-haulers for vehicle pick-up and delivery within company timelines.
- Ensure sub-haulers meet company requirements prior to dispatching.
- Outbound calls to sellers.
- Solicit business.
- Utilize cost effective vendors to meet company budget objectives.
- Educate sub-haulers on company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and archive documents.
- Answer phone calls.
- Collect payments on member deliveries.
- Comply with Safety and enforce regulations.
- Print checks.
- Monitor incoming documents on the fax machine.
- Print reports as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years dispatch experience.
- One year customer service skills experience.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Excellent Communication Skills --verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Typing speed 45 words per minute.
- Basic Ten key proficiency.
- Basic Math skills.
- Computer proficiency (MS Suite experience).
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Multi- tasking.
- Ability to work in fast paced/diverse environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Know geographical area as well as ability to read maps.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Occasional Overtime as needed.
- Bilingual Skill a plus.