ACADEMIC UPGRADING INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT
Math/SCIENCE (Wetaskiwin Campus)
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As Alberta’s largest community college and regional steward for the greater Edmonton region, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centered learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.
Our team in Academic Upgrading prepares students for the workplace, skills training, or further post-secondary education through the successful completion of our upgrading courses. We are looking for experienced and energetic professionals to join the instructional team at our Wetaskiwin campus.
Reporting to the Chair of Academic Upgrading, the instructional assistant is responsible for supporting a range of academic upgrading courses (Math, Science, or a combination of both) to a diverse range of adult learners.
- Assist students and instructors in both online and face-to-face settings
- Work with a team to organize and create a learning environment that promotes effective learning at the campus. Build and maintain a positive relationship with students
- Assist in administering assessments and coursework
- Participate in applicable educational technology training
- Maintain appropriate program and student record reports
- Committee work as assigned
- Bachelor of Education Degree preferred
- Valid Alberta Teacher’s certification preferred
- Familiarity with Alberta Education curriculum
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Publisher)
- Experience teaching Alberta Education courses
- Demonstrated experience and training in Adult Education considered an asset
- Experience tutoring online courses considered an asset
- Experience with Aboriginal Learners considered an asset
- Experience with course development, curriculum design and educational technologies considered an asset
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience. This opportunity also includes immediate participation in our comprehensive pension and benefits plans.
NOTE: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within 28 days.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2019-2463
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is found
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter in one document.