Job Location CA-AB-Edmonton
Job ID 2020-2753
# Positions 1
Job Type Full Time Term
Job Industry Education
Career Level Experienced
Years of Experience 5
COLBOURNE INSTITUTE FOR INCLUSIVE LEADERSHIP
NorQuest College employees are difference makers in the work we do for our college and community. We transform lives together. We work together in the spirit of Wahkotowin (togetherness) in good relations—Miyo Wahkotowin.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) are at the core of who we are at NorQuest. The position of Anti-Racism Advisor is now open for applications. The successful candidate will work as a member of the team at the Colbourne Institute for Inclusive Leadership.
The Anti-Racism Advisor will collaborate with and lead the Anti-Racism Taskforce, a diverse group of NorQuesters advancing the College’s Anti-Racism Framework activities and goals.
This individual will work with all stakeholders at the college from the President and CEO to our management and administrative staff to all of our faculty members. Strong collaboration and facilitation skills are key and will require someone who is comfortable to lead from where they are to move best practices and activities forward. Does this sound like you? Join NorQuest College and be a difference maker.
- Chairs the Anti-Racism Taskforce and works closely with Taskforce members and colleagues to support execution of learning activities on anti-racism, anti-oppression and human rights.
- Work with the college’s EDI Consultant to develop college wide anti-racism strategies for the college.
- Bridges organizational learning and awareness educational needs with Taskforce and Council strategic initiatives.
- Works across faculties and departments to support leaders and teams in hosting and championing anti-racism initiatives.
- Leads the anti-racism listening campaign and make recommendations on action when appropriate.
- Keeps apprised of current research, emerging practices and approaches to anti-racism work within post-secondary institutions, legislative and policy changes, and community and stakeholder initiatives to provide the most relevant information and education to inform strategy and action.
- Reports to the CEO and President of NorQuest College.
- Establishes and maintains feedback systems to allow for effective measurement of anti-racism initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Critical Race Studies, Adult Education, Sociology, Indigenous Studies; etc.) required.
- Master’s degree in a related field is preferable.
- 5-7 years’ experience in specific anti-racism theory and practices, principles and initiatives.
- Accreditation and/or additional studies and coursework in the field of anti-racism, equity, diversity and inclusion; restorative justice is an asset.
- Facilitator training, particularly leading dialogue circles, is an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Lived and demonstrated knowledge of racism, anti-racism, anti-oppression, and intersectionality. Working knowledge of human rights legislation, equitable hiring practices, post-secondary inclusion initiatives, and diverse student and employee engagement is a requirement.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic anti-racism initiatives within public and/or private institutions. Demonstrated experience in adult education, specifically the development and delivery of learning events.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies to achieve organizational and operational change is an asset.
- Models an inclusive and respectful approach to achieving results.
- Technology savvy with the ability to research and learn new technology platforms.
SALARY: Salary for this position is currently under review. This is a 0.8 FTE position that includes immediate participation in our comprehensive pension and benefit programs. The term for this position ends June 30, 2021 with the possibility of extension for another year.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2020-2753
CLOSING DATE: September 27, 2020
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document. HERE
NOTE: Notification of receipt will be sent only to online applicants.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance.
NorQuest College is committed to being an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally to Indigenous people through the institution’s work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization. We encourage applications from First Nation, Metis, and Inuit peoples to support the College in its efforts to work towards these goals and to build a better future for Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples. NorQuest College is committed to recruiting and retaining Indigenous people to ensure we are leading, supporting, and moving forward in a good way.
This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.