Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Consultant
EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION CONSULTANT
Job Location CA-AB-Edmonton
Job ID 2020-2755
# Positions 1
Job Type Full Time Term
Job Industry Education Career
Level Experienced Years of Experience 5
EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION CONSULTANT
COLBOURNE INSTITUTE FOR INCLUSIVE LEADERSHIP
NorQuest College employees are difference makers in the work we do for our college and community. We transform lives together. We work together in the spirit of Wahkotowin (togetherness) in good relations—Miyo Wahkotowin.
We’re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Colbourne Institute for Inclusive Leadership as an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Consultant.
This role will embody our core values to develop and co-lead the development of college-wide strategies in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) with the guidance of the EDI Council. There is a need for a We > They attitude as this individual will work with all stakeholders at the college. Strong collaboration and facilitation skills are key and will require someone who is comfortable to lead from where they are to move best practices and activities forward. Does this sound like you? Join NorQuest College and be a difference maker.
- Develop organization-wide equity, diversity and inclusion directions and strategies based on NorQuest teaching, research, program and experiential strengths.
- Coordinate and integrate EDI strategic development with the Anti-Racism Taskforce framework.
- Conduct extensive consultation on the development, monitoring and reporting of the EDI business plan.
- Facilitate college-wide ownership of EDI initiatives and activities as identified in the EDI strategic plan.
- Act as a thought leader, subject matter expert, change agent and influencer in cultivating a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace that fosters the equity and wellbeing of our employees, clients and communities.
- Identify key stakeholders in the external community and build lasting partnerships. Act as an ambassador of NorQuest College in the area of equity, diversity and inclusion with external partners and authorities.
- Advise and support business units in their initiatives and practices to foster an inclusive and diverse workplace.
- Establish and maintain KPIs to allow for effective measurement of programs. Assess and monitor program effectiveness and keep the business informed of progress and challenges through periodic reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Sociology; Educational Policy and Leadership; Critical Education; Adult Education, etc.), Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5- 7 years of relevant experience in developing and implementing equity, diversity & inclusion policies and programs in a large organization.
- Accreditation and/or additional studies and coursework in the field of equity, diversity and inclusion strategy development and related fields is considered an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in organizational development and implementation of system-wide strategy.
- Knowledge of the applicable legislative frameworks related to human rights and equity.
- Very strong analytical and organizational diagnostic skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to model and lead collaboration with and across difference.
- Current knowledge of theory and practice related to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of program planning including metrics and evaluation is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
SALARY: Salary for this position is currently under review. This is a 0.8 FTE position that includes immediate participation in our comprehensive pension and benefit programs. The term for this position ends June 30, 2021 with the possibility of extension for another year.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2020-2755
CLOSING DATE: September 27, 2020
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document. HERE
NOTE: Notification of receipt will be sent only to online applicants.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance.
NorQuest College is committed to being an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally to Indigenous people through the institution’s work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization. We encourage applications from First Nation, Metis, and Inuit peoples to support the College in its efforts to work towards these goals and to build a better future for Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples. NorQuest College is committed to recruiting and retaining Indigenous people to ensure we are leading, supporting, and moving forward in a good way.
This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.