Human Resources Consultant
HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT
Job Location CA-AB-Edmonton
Job ID 2020-2754
# Positions 1
Job Type Permanent
Job Industry Education
Career Level Experienced
Years of Experience 5
HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT
PEOPLE AND TALENT OPERATIONS
NorQuest College is seeking a forward thinker who can lead from where you are and have honest conversations join our Talent team as a Human Resources Consultant. This position partners with internal clients to provide a single point of contact for Human Resources (HR) and Labour Relations (LR) related matters. The successful candidate will influence change and growth with managers and employees through collaborative support while using sound best practices. The successful candidate will have progressive experience guiding performance management, employee and labour relations, classification, organizational design and position management. You will also have the opportunity to lead on projects, review policies, and develop HR programs to enhance the work experience for NorQuest employees.
- Partnering with clients by collaborating with them to improve organizational design and effectiveness.
- Providing sound advice and support on all human resource related issues including, but not limited to; interpreting HR Policy and Collective Agreements, promoting positive employee relations, job evaluations/classifications, conflict management and general workforce management.
- Actively lead and participate in HR process improvement initiatives.
- Conducting research, analyze data and prepare reports with well thought out recommendations.
- Remaining current with human resource strategies and best practices.
- Presenting, explaining and discussing analysis to effectively drive fact-based decision making across the organization.
- Developing new processes and procedures to identify data issues/integrity, discrepancies, improve the accuracy of the human capital data and satisfy new and evolving reporting requirements
- Supporting projects that will enable leading practice related to HR programs and processes.
- University degree in a related field (Business, Human Resource Management) and associated training in the HR field (recruitment, compensation, classification, employee and labour relations)
- CPHR designation is considered a strong asset.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ of progressive experience as a human resources generalist with specific experience with specific experience in developing/implementing HR programs, and employee and labour relations
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge with the use of HRIS systems including PeopleSoft.
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organization skills including the ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands.
- Proven client service and relationship building abilities.
- Experience with project and program management
- Experience in a post-secondary educational environment an asset.
- Experience building HR programs to meet organizational and client requirements.
SALARY: $84,749 - $105,965 commensurate with education and experience. This permanent position also includes immediate participation in our comprehensive pension and benefits plan.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2020-2754
CLOSING DATE: September 27, 2020
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document HERE
NOTE: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within 28 days.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance.
NorQuest College is committed to being an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally to Indigenous people through the institution’s work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization. We encourage applications from First Nation, Metis, and Inuit peoples to support the College in its efforts to work towards these goals and to build a better future for Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples. NorQuest College is committed to recruiting and retaining Indigenous people to ensure we are leading, supporting, and moving forward in a good way.
This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.