Job Location CA-AB-Edmonton
Job ID 2020-2758
# Positions 1
Job Type Full Time Term
Job Industry Education
Career Level Experienced
Years of Experience 3
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
The Timetable Unit is looking for a dynamic, vibrant, insightful individual to complement our growing team and join us as we embark on an exciting new way of doing business as a centralized unit providing timetabling services across the College. Working under the direction of the Team Lead, this position will work as an integral part of the scheduling team. Using InfoSilem timetabling software and PeopleSoft, the Scheduling Technician will be accountable for annual timetable development, connecting with program areas to provide timetable support and the effective resolution of a variety of program and course change issues.
Joining the Timetable Unit offers an environment of teamwork and cooperation as you collaborate with Faculties and other College departments to maintain the centralized schedule. You will develop expertise in these areas and make recommendations for continual improvement to our timetable business processes and the supporting software system.
- Implementation of Timetable function
- Consults and advises Academic Chairs and/or designates to develop course combinations, academic blocks and use of scheduling ties
- Generates the global timetable using integrated software processes
- Anticipates issues or trends and provides system expertise on impacts of change requests
- Analyze class sections and provides alternative scenarios
- Implements timetable changes through analysis and established criteria
- Performs quality assurance review on timetabling data
- Supports scheduling decisions through data support for decision making
- Maintenance of global timetable and business process
- Central point of contact for academic Chairs and all College areas
- Identifies and troubleshoots timetabling issues
- Participates in evaluation of process and makes recommendations for improvements
- Reviews appeals and recommends solutions
- Develops and maintains appropriate documentation
- Provides reports on physical resource usage and provides recommendations for space optimization
- Provides training and support on the timetable process to academic staff; update training manuals
- Completion of a relevant two-year post-secondary diploma.
- 3-5 years of directly related experience in post-secondary education, preferably in a registrarial capacity. An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the use of scheduling software (preferably Infosilem).
- Experience in the use of PeopleSoft or another integrated student information system.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, and effectively manage a high volume of work with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of FOIP legislation.
SALARY RANGE: $43,015 to $55,910 per annum commensurate with education and experience. This is a 6 month term position with the possibility of extension. This position is not eligible for participation in our extended health benefits and pension program.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2020-2758
CLOSING DATE: September 27, 2020
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document HERE
NOTE: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within 28 days.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance.
NorQuest College is committed to being an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally to Indigenous people through the institution’s work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization. We encourage applications from First Nation, Metis, and Inuit peoples to support the College in its efforts to work towards these goals and to build a better future for Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples. NorQuest College is committed to recruiting and retaining Indigenous people to ensure we are leading, supporting, and moving forward in a good way.
This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.