Election Coordinator for 2021 municipal election
Election Coordinator for 2021 municipal election (Casual/Contract)
The City of Wetaskiwin is seeking a TEMPORARY PART-TIME Election Coordinator (from 10 up to 30 hours per week until November 2021) to administer the 2021 municipal election and serve as Returning Officer for the City of Wetaskiwin.
Reporting to the City Manager, the Election Coordinator responsibilities include:
- serving as primary contact for the 2021 municipal election;
- providing prospective candidate information;
- collecting nomination papers;
- assisting in hiring and training of municipal election workers;
- ordering supplies;
- attending incapacitated voters’ homes to administer vote;
- overseeing advance and election day polls;
- compiling results; and
- ensuring compliance with Local Authorities Election Act.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Computer savvy, skilled with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Confidence under pressure with the ability to exercise sound judgment under a variety of situations.
- Previous leadership experience including directing day-to-day work activities of a diverse team.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and vehicle.
- Ability to lift up to 9kg (20 pounds) and to be seated for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of the Local Authorities Election Act of Alberta and previous experience as an Election Coordinator considered an asset.
Interested individuals are asked to submit their resume and cover letter referencing 2021 Election Coordinator to: email@example.com.
This competition will remain open until a suitable [or qualified] candidate is hired, and will or may be used to fill other related vacant positions associated with elections personnel (including Deputy Returning Officer (DRO) at 10 to 30 hours per week from approximately April to October 2021).
The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement will be utilized for this Employment Opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.