Service Delivery · Edmonton, Alberta
Department Service Delivery
Employment Type Full-Time
Minimum Experience Experienced
Who We Are
CarePros is a rapidly growing home care agency based in Edmonton, AB. At CarePros, we are passionate about enhancing the quality of life for our client’s and their loved ones. We deliver the highest level of care by leveraging leading edge technologies, cultural competency, and compassion from the best caregivers in industry. To maintain our place as an industry leader, we believe in continuously adapting our delivery model by implementing evidence-based practices from newly published research into training programs.
Quality home care is a fundamental human need; it gives us peace of mind that in the event of illness or tragedy, our loved ones will be taken care of. CarePros strives to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What makes CarePros special is how much we encourage independent decision making, sharing of information, and respect candid discussion. We want great people working together as a team and that makes us fun, flexible, creative, collaborative, and successful.
We are currently looking to hire a Supervisor in Edmonton, AB. This opportunity will be a Permanent Full-time position. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care!
Reporting directly to the Manager, Intake, Service Delivery, and Professional Services, the Supervisor enjoys supporting families from all backgrounds throughout the in-take process and all the way through discharge. Well-organized and knowledgeable about pediatric home care, disability services, behavioural care, and senior home care, the Supervisor is experienced in writing home assessments and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The Supervisor oversees CarePros front-line service providers and is responsible for ensuring that staff deliver support in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with CarePros policies and industry standards.
Who You Are
As a Supervisor, you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of mental wellness practices and the processes and procedures involved in providing effective group home care.
- Knowledge of CPR and First Aid techniques needed to assess and treat injuries.
- Proficiency in the English language, with the ability to comprehend instructions and communicate in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to actively listen, absorb information, and facilitate appropriate dialogue.
- Recognize and understand emotions and handle situations with empathy.
- Build and maintain cooperative and constructive relationships.
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data and analysis.
- Effective team player who will work closely and support our Senior Supervisors with all assessments and scheduling needs.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to define problems and determine effective solutions by assessing information from a variety of sources and identifying the root-cause of problems. Able to apply reason and logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of possible solutions.
- Flexibility to be on-call as needed
Other qualifications include:
- 2-5 years experience working in a group home setting.
- Post secondary education in Social Work, Community Addictions / Mental Health, Child and Youth Care, or another related field.
- 3+ years experience working with Child and Family Services (CFS)
- 1-3 years experience working with Disability Services (FSCD)
- Previous experience supervising or managing front-line care staff.
- You are certified in First Aid and certified as a CPR Level C.
- Valid and current Class 5 Drivers License and proper vehicle insurance coverage.
- High capacity for managing stressful situations.
We thank everyone for applying, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.