· Edmonton, Alberta
Who We Are
CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 130+ team members. CarePros not only provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behaviour diagnoses, but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood.
CarePros is a highly awarded organization with accolades including the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Diversity, the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Young Entrepreneur, as well as achieving Number 13 on the Canadian Business Startup List for 2020. With a combined 50+ years of management experience, CarePros has successfully grown its capacity and service offerings to provide 400,000+ hours of care across 300+ families over the last several years.
We are currently looking to hire a Field Supervisor in Edmonton, AB. This opportunity will be a Permanent Full-time position. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care!
Reporting directly to the Manager, Service Delivery, the Supervisor enjoys supporting families from all backgrounds throughout the in-take process and all the way through discharge. Well-organized and knowledgeable about pediatric home care, disability services, behavioural care, and senior home care, the Supervisor is experienced in writing home assessments and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The Supervisor oversees CarePros front-line service providers and is responsible for ensuring that staff deliver support in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with CarePros policies and industry standards.
Who You Are
As a Supervisor, you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of mental wellness practices and the processes and procedures involved in providing effective home care.
- Experience working with clients in Children Services
- Knowledge of CPR and First Aid techniques needed to assess and treat injuries.
- Proficiency in the English language, with the ability to comprehend instructions and communicate in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to actively listen, absorb information, and facilitate appropriate dialogue.
- Recognize and understand emotions and handle situations with empathy.
- Build and maintain cooperative and constructive relationships.
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data and analysis.
- Effective team player who will work closely and support our Client & Community Relations Manager with all home care assessments and scheduling needs.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to define problems and determine effective solutions by assessing information from a variety of sources and identifying the root-cause of problems. Able to apply reason and logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of possible solutions.
- Flexibility to be on-call as needed
Other qualifications include:
- 3-5 years experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities and/or individuals with mental health concerns.
- Post secondary education in Social Work, Community Addictions / Mental Health, Child and Youth Care, or another related field.
- 3+ years experience working with Child and Family Services (CFS)
- 1-3 years experience working with Disability Services (FSCD)
- Previous experience supervising or managing front-line care staff.
- You are certified in First Aid and certified as a CPR Level C.
- Valid and current Class 5 Drivers License and proper vehicle insurance coverage.
- High capacity for managing stressful situations.
We thank everyone for applying, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.