Part-time and Casual positions Available
Potential opportunities for cross-training in other departments
Seasons Retirement Communities, Wetaskiwin
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the workplace for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents' lives through meaningful connections and creating 'Wow Moments' that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
The Position. We’re looking for a Dining Server. Working at the direction of Dining Services Manager, the Dining Server is responsible for serving meals while ensuring an exceptional dining experience to residents and guests.
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates
- Ensuring resident satisfaction with meal service
- Preparing food for serving to the resident
- Setting stripping tables and serving food/beverages in accordance with established policies and procedures and all applicable regulations
- Unpacking and storing supplies; maintaining work and storage areas in a clean, safe sanitary manner
- Washing, cleaning and sorting dishes, cutlery, fixtures and equipment used for food preparations and service
- Operating and cleaning food equipment, furniture and maintaining dining area
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be able to operate related equipment
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations
- Must have/obtain valid Food Safety Certificate
The Location. Seasons Wetaskiwin is based in Wetaskiwin, Alberta.
About Seasons Wetaskiwin: Nestled in one of the oldest cities in Alberta, Seasons Wetaskiwin is a retirement home that is a short drive to Wetaskiwin Hospital and Care Centre, shopping and community amenities. With its warm, welcoming atmosphere, we offer residents a carefree lifestyle and the peace of mind that comes from knowing someone is always available when needed.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wages
- Employee rewards and referral programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.