Health Care Aide
Health Care Aide
Seasons Retirement Communities
Wetaskiwin, AB, Canada - Temporary
Certified Starting wage - $18.13/hour / Uncertified Starting wage - $16.00/hour
Seasons Retirement Communities, Wetaskiwin
5430-37A Avenue, Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 3A8
Our Mission to You:
As a certified Great Place to Work®, Seasons believes that every single team member plays an important role in the overall happiness of our residents. We foster a culture of growth and support for our committed team members and offer opportunities for personal and professional development to advance a rewarding career in the seniors housing sector.
What We Look For:
Seasons looks for individuals who are enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the life of another person. We hire individuals who are committed to building meaningful relationships and strive for service excellence so our residents can be proud to call Seasons their home. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile and putting a little “wow” into everything we do is the Seasons way!
Your Job: We’re looking for a Health Care Aide. This role will make a difference every day in the lives of our residents by providing exceptional care, memorable moments by nurturing relationships with our residents and providing safety and wellbeing of our residents and their families’ and other staff in accordance with Seasons vision, mission and values.
- Provide person-centered care services to residents ensuring professionalism, dignity and compassion with each interaction of Seasons’ residents
- Safe medication administration (Training provided by Seasons)
- As part of the care team, follow infection control measures (per Seasons’ policies/procedures) to enhance the safety and wellbeing of residents and staff
- Provide assistance with housekeeping tasks and laundry of residents as assigned
- Respond to medical/physical/emotional needs with collaboration from Health and Wellness Manager/Care Coordinator
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Enrolled in the Alberta Health Care Aide (HCA) Directory
- Provide compassion, empathy and understanding of Seasons’ residents
- Communicate effectively following written and verbal instructions
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload throughout scheduled shift
- Knowledge of medical equipment is considered an asset (blood pressure machine, oximeter, glucometer- and/or the ability to learn these skills with training)
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note during COVID-19: At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the well-being of the successful candidate.