Heavy Haul Project Engineer (4058-046)
Heavy Haul Project Engineer
Brandt is currently seeking a Project Engineer for our Nisku location. Project Engineers are senior design engineers/technologists who while capable of working alone, are also able to lead, coordinate and design alongside small groups of designers to tackle medium size projects in a collaborative environment. This includes design and development of new transportation equipment as well as continuous improvement of existing products. These are experts in their fields who provide mentorship, project coordination and machine design. They show a willingness and aptitude for both learning and teaching. They display a strong desire to improve their team's capabilities.
- As an individual, or a leader of small groups of engineers and technologists, to successfully complete project deliverables.
- Manage and report their project deliverables to Project Managers
- Use 3D CAD to develop products/projects.
- Use a combination of 2D CAD and other tools to develop overall system designs.
- Focus on DFx, i.e. Design For Manufacturability, Serviceability, Reliability, Affordability, etc.
- To ensure structural integrity and regulatory compliance of trailer designs.
- Mentor younger designers to help develop personnel.
- Field research as required. Business travel will be an occasional requirement.
- Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Professional Engineer or Technologist with 10+ years experience
- Extensive experience in machine design and 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks
- Excellent communication skills — written and verbal
- Extensive product/project knowledge in the platform area
- Experience designing welded and bolted fabricated assemblies
- Knowledge of material science for steel and aluminum
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic
Position Type - Full-Time/Regular
Company - Brandt Industries Ltd.