You're an experienced housekeeping manager, hungry to take on a hands-on leadership role with a top-ranking hotel.
You're seriously passionate about hospitality and guest service, and are craving an opportunity to take ownership of a housekeeping operation. You want to coach and mentor a team of incredible people, share your knowledge and experience, and make a big impact.
If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you.
Who are we? For over 30 years, Denham Hospitality has operated two award-winning Best Western hotels in Leduc - Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites and Best Western Plus Edmonton Airport Hotel. Operating at the heart of our community, we have been recognized year after year for our incredible hospitality, guest-centric service, and excellent quality standards.
Our Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites is currently in search of an experienced and motivated Housekeeping Manager. If you have experience in housekeeping management and are looking for an exciting new opportunity to further your career, this could be your next role. Housekeeping Manager As our new Housekeeping Manager, your main priority will be to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our housekeeping quality standards, through effective team and operational leadership.
Day to day, you'll spend time on the floor, working with your staff one on one to oversee quality of work, providing training, addressing guest concerns, and occasionally acting as manager on duty.
You'll have a strong focus on human resources recruiting and hiring for your team, onboarding and training new staff, and conducting regular performance reviews. You'll handle staff scheduling for your team of 15, and manage labour costs to target. You'll also manage our laundry department, and inventory control and purchasing for supplies and linens.
Practically speaking, your responsibilities will include:
• Department human resource management staff selection, scheduling, training and coaching, delegation and supervision; payroll; performance appraisals; monthly staff meetings and communications
• Rooms division ensuring guest rooms and corridors are cleaned to our quality standards; daily inspections; reporting of all maintenance deficiencies
• Laundry department management overseeing laundry requirements for rooms and food & beverage departments
• Inventory control and purchasing cleaning and laundry supplies, towels and linen supplies, and guest room and restroom supplies
• Janitorial management regular inspection of all public areas
• Duty manager responsibilities oversight of safety and security, energy conservation, and guest relations (i.e. complaints or special requests) You'll know you've reached success in this role when you've achieved high guest satisfaction and quality assurance scores, and have met your labour costs and other financial targets.
But success for you is about more than scores or targets - its your passion for people, which makes you successful. You're passionate about building strong teams - you are committed to hiring the right people, and then guiding them to success. And by making an impact on your team through your leadership, you'll make an even bigger impact on our business.
Working with Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites
Just like were committed to taking the best possible care of our guests, we take care of our employees too. We start by hiring the right people people who care about people and who want to take ownership of their jobs. Then, we empower them by giving them all the tools and resources they need to succeed, ongoing learning and development opportunities, and an amazing employee-centric team environment. We invest in our people because we recognize that they are at the heart of our organizations success.
Working here means being part of a team who are more than just coworkers were family. And like you, we are passionate and enthusiastic about hospitality and creating and delivering legendary guest experiences. If you're ready to take the next step in your career, and this sounds like the type of team you cant wait to be a part of, then we cant wait to meet you.
This is a full-time, permanent position working 5 days per week (weekdays and weekends), typically between 8 am 5 pm.
Our Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites is located in Leduc.
You'll be paid a competitive salary, between $45,000-$52,000 per year, will qualify for bonuses and incentives and have access to an excellent benefits package and group RRSP plan. You'll enjoy complementary meals, and employee discount rates for Best Westerns in North America.
• Experience in a supervisory or management role in housekeeping, preferably at a branded hotel
• Strong understanding of housekeeping / rooms operations in a hotel environment
• Hands on experience with financial stewardship of a housekeeping operation (i.e. controlling labour and inventory costs, inventory purchasing, etc.)
• Experience leading a team of housekeeping staff (day to day supervision, scheduling, performance management, etc.)
• Hospitality management degree/diploma, and/or any industry certifications (i.e. certified executive housekeeper/housekeeping manager)
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the Help button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you