Seasons Retirement Communities
Wetaskiwin, AB, Canada - Temporary
Starting Wage - $15.47/hour
Seasons Retirement Communities, Wetaskiwin
5430-37A Avenue, Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 3A8
Our Mission to You:
As a certified Great Place to Work®, Seasons believes that every single team member plays an important role in the overall happiness of our residents. We foster a culture of growth and support for our committed team members and offer opportunities for personal and professional development to advance a rewarding career in the seniors housing sector.
What We Look For:
Seasons looks for individuals who are enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the life of another person. We hire individuals who are committed to building meaningful relationships and strive for service excellence so our residents can be proud to call Seasons their home. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile and putting a little “wow” into everything we do is the Seasons way!
Your Job: We are looking for a Housekeeper. Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager, the Housekeeper is responsible for providing housekeeping and laundry services as well as maintaining the clean and neat appearance of the residence in a safe and efficient manner in accordance to the policies and procedures of Seasons Retirement Communities.
- Provide services and interacts with residents and resident family members in a professional manner
- Maintain work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner
- Participate as a member of the Environmental Services team and provides support to the other members of the Resident and Guest Attendant team
- Observe and adhere to all policies and procedures, work standards and safety regulations
- Project the appropriate image and focus on customer service in their dealings with residents, families and guests
- Operate and clean equipment, furniture and clean and maintain all areas related to residents as per work routines
- Is aware of employee’s and supervisor’s responsibilities and follows all health and safety policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned or consistent with work routines and job descriptions
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be able to operate related equipment
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note during COVID-19: At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the well-being of the successful candidate.