Position Description: HSE Coordinator.
Reports to: Director and President.
Location: Based out of Edmonton.
BBE Expediting Ltd. provides expediting, supply chain logistics, project staffing, and cargo handling services domestically and around the world. Built and perfected on experience developed during four decades in the Canadian Arctic, BBE is recognized as one of the leading suppliers of remote project logistics expertise across North America and around the world. We are seeking qualified candidates for the role of HSE Coordinator to support management and staff across all bases on all aspects of the implementation and execution of the Corporate HSE program, and for maintaining and continuously improving BBE’s Corporate HSE Management System. This position will demonstrate leadership in order to drive safety as a core value.
Supply Chain Partner, Networking the World.
To successfully move more freight, more efficiently, than yesterday.
BBE’s Core Values
Innovation, Safety, Integrity, Growth and Commitment
Duties and responsibilities of the HSE Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the organization in HSE competency development across all functions.
- Proactively engaging with staff in risk assessments and implementation of control measures.
- Completing observations, inspections and audits to verify compliance with, and effectiveness of the HSE management system
- Facilitating of incident investigations, and the development and implementation of corrective and preventive measures.
- Coordinating claims management of work-related injuries with applicable internal and external stakeholders.
- Reporting and communicating HSE performance metrics to applicable internal and external parties.
- Assisting sales, procurement and operations in customer and vendor pre-qualifications.
- NCSO designation, or willingness to get NCSO designation.
- Experience in aviation logistics in remote areas would be considered an asset.
- Thorough understanding of the application of management systems and regulatory requirements in an operational environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Collaborator in managing change in an efficient and effective way.
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications.
- Maintains a professional presentation and image both in attire and demeanor.
Success is measured by:
- Happy Clients (satisfaction, trust, relationships)
- Happy Team (camaraderie, achievement, contribution, challenge)
- Happy Accountants (sales growth, administrative ease, logic of new business, increased efficiencies)
- Happy Board (diversification of business, cost consciousness, risk identification and reduction)