Human Resources Administrator
Human Resources Administrator
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Department: Strategy & Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
Today, CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 130+ team members. CarePros not only primarily provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behaviour diagnoses including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder (FASD), but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood. With a combined 50+ years of management experience, CarePros has successfully grown its capacity and service offerings to provide 250,000+ hours of care across 200+ families over the last several years.
CarePros strives to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What makes CarePros special is how much we encourage independent decision making, sharing of information, and respect candid discussion. We want great people working together as a team and that makes us fun, flexible, creative, collaborative, and successful.
We are currently looking to hire a Human Resources Administrator for our Human Resources department in Edmonton, AB. This opportunity will be a full-time permanent position. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care!
The HR Administrator is focused on streamlining HR processes and coordinating activities for the Human Resources team. The Administrator will provide support in the areas of hiring, employee engagement, employee relations, compensation & benefits, talent management & succession planning, training & development, and health & safety.
Some of the core responsibilities include:
- Supports CarePros with managing the administrative processes of its Human Resources Information System (HRIS), manages the employee database, and performs transactions for core employment processes (hiring and onboarding, employee file management, payroll, and vacation).
- Supports the HR Generalists in providing full-cycle recruitment services. Will assist in posting jobs, screening candidates, conducting pre-screen interviews, and coordinating background checks.
- Orientation and Onboarding – Conducts the new hire orientation for new hires and supports the onboarding program by scheduling and coordinating activities.
- Employee Engagement – Supports HR Business Partner with scheduling focus groups, sending engagement surveys and collecting data, and scheduling exit interviews to collect data points on employee engagement levels.
- Compensation and Benefits – Will ensure new employees are properly enrolled in benefits programs and also provide support with basic benefits inquiries.
- Training and Development – Assists in scheduling training sessions, printing/preparing materials packages, recording attendance, and tracking feedback.
- General Administration / Reception - This role will also provide some general administrative support to the entire office, including working the front reception desk, greeting guests, organizing events, booking services with vendors.
Who You Are
As the HR Administrator, you enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, where you will have to respond quickly to constantly changing and evolving demands. You have a keen sense for process improvement, able to simplify and integrate work tasks creating an efficient workflow. You are also a great communicator, are energetic, and enjoy being the face of the Organization to external visitors and job candidates.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of progressive and diverse experience in the human resources field.
- Certificate, Diploma, or Degree in Human Resources Management or another related field is required.
- Working towards Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is an asset.
- Basic working knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards and the Alberta Human Rights Act.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office products.
We thank everyone for applying, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.