WETASKIWIN, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 1047
Industrial painters and coaters perform some or all of the following duties:
- Select appropriate paint or mix paints using automated paint mixing equipment according to a pre-determined formula
- Operate or tend equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective or decorative coatings
- Operate or tend automated spray paint, dip or flow coating equipment or other mechanized painting or product coating application equipment
- Operate hand-held spray guns to spray paint or coat stationary items or items on moving conveyor system with protective or decorative coatings
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- Some experience in operating production machinery or equipment may be required.
- Several months of on-the-job training are provided.