INSTRUCTOR, HEALTH CARE AIDE - CASUAL
Job ID 2020-2784
INSTRUCTOR, HEALTH CARE AIDE - CASUAL
FACULTY OF HEALTH AND COMMUNITY STUDIES
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for people dedicated to making a difference to join our Health Care Aide team as Casual Instructors.
Our students come to us with the goal of improving the quality of life for themselves as well as for those around them and our instructors help them achieve that goal. In this role you will provide learners with the knowledge and skills needed for employment in continuing care and home settings by facilitating and evaluating student learning in classroom, laboratory and clinical settings.
How you’ll make a difference
- Facilitate and direct student learning in clinical settings as well as labs/classrooms.
- Assess, monitor and evaluate student performance and progress.
- Provide feedback to learners in compliance with college and program policies.
- Provide skill demonstrations, supervise skill practice, and assess skills for competency.
- Maintain appropriate program and student records/reports of student progress, as assigned
- This position could include working weekdays, Saturdays, and weekday evenings
What you bring
- NP or BScN
- RN or RPN diploma with experience in continuing care
- LPN with one year of university study towards a nursing degree will be considered
- Current CARNA/CRPNA/CLPNA registration required
- 1500 hours of Canadian clinical nursing or nursing education experience within the last 3 years
What makes you a Difference Maker?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about providing an interesting learning experience to students.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Availability Mondays through Fridays in 2-week or 4-week periods.
- Ability to travel within Edmonton area.
SALARY: Reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. This opportunity also includes 11.2% in lieu of vacation and benefits.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2020-2784
CLOSING DATE: Open until suitable candidate found
Apply to become a NorQuester: If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document. HERE
Psst: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers. If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.