Position Description: Junior Air Cargo Agent
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Junior Air Cargo Agent facilitate the movement of air cargo on behalf of airlines and their customers in our Edmonton Air Cargo Operations, a complex regulatory environment. The successful applicant should always provide excellent customer service through all mediums (in person, phone, email etc.). This role will be guided by:
Supply Chain Partner, Networking the World.
To successfully move more freight, more efficiently, than yesterday.
BBE’s Core Values
Innovation, Safety, Integrity, Growth and Commitment
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform shipment acceptance based on customer and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with customers at counter, via phone, email and in person.
- Screen freight based on cargo security requirements (physical, AVI)
- Collect Payments for Air Cargo Files.
- Coordinate with freight runners to ensure shipments are loaded onto correct flights.
- Daily Warehouse Walk including completing on hand report.
- Identify and Report Shipment issues
- Sign in visitors based on Transport Canada Requirements
- Strictly adheres to all Health and Safety policies, meetings and protocol as directed by management.
- Other duties as assigned by the company
Success is measured by:
- Air cargo, airport operations or general aviation experience
- Professional Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Maintains a professional presentation and image both in attire and demeanor.
- Proficient in the use of multiple systems that are used for Airline, BBE and Customs transactions
- And……continually seeking and accepting professional self-improvement opportunities.
- Happy Clients (satisfaction, trust, relationships)
- Happy Team (camaraderie, achievement, contribution, challenge)
- Happy Accountants (sales growth, administrative ease, logic of new business, increased efficiencies)
- Happy Board (diversification of business, cost consciousness, risk identification and reduction)