Mechanical Assembler and Inspector
WETASKIWIN, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 1046
Assemblers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
Inspectors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finish products using hand and power tools
- Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly and connect cables, tubes and wires
- Fasten parts together using bolting and riveting equipment or other fastening and joining techniques
- Operate small cranes to transport or position larger parts as required.
- May prepare and apply stencils, computer-generated decals or other decorative items on finished products.
- Check subassemblies and inspect finished products for proper quality
- Check mechanical assemblies and subassemblies for alignment and proper functioning
- Test and check electrical assemblies and wiring for proper connections
- Perform minor adjustments and repairs.
- Some secondary school education is required
- On-the-job training is provided
- Experience as a mechanical assembler would be considered an asset.