Part Time Yard Staff
Part Time Yard Staff - (2100005X)
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers is looking for an energetic, customer-focused Part-Time Yard Worker/Loader Operator. In this role, you'll help our team to organize the Edmonton, Alberta yard for auctions, and you'll work at our temporary auction sites in the region.
No auction experience is needed to work in this role! Lots of hands-on training will be provided.
Under the direction of the Yard Manager, the Yard Worker safely receives, processes, lines up, sale day support and check-out consigned equipment for the auction. Strict adherence to the Ritchie Bros. standard of customer service is expected of the Yard Worker at all times.
In this position you'll:
- Operate all types of heavy equipment and trucks
- Help set up equipment in the yard for auctions
- Help customers load their equipment purchases, and answer their questions related to the yard.
Here's what you bring:
- Experience operating heavy machinery
- Able to operate a large 36,000 lbs forklift is an asset
- Good spoken and written English is required
- Good computer skills and able to learn new programs quickly
- A track-record of working safely, and helping others work safely, too
- You must be able to relate really well with customers and team members
- You like to work in a team, helping out wherever needed; but you can also self-start and work on your own
- You're organized, and can handle lots of tasks at once
- A high level of attention to detail
- You like to work hard, but still have fun on the job.
This job will require you to:
- Hold and maintain a valid, clean driver’s license
- Climb on, off and under large equipment and trucks
- Work outside year-round, no matter the weather
- Work overtime, including weekend hours, at 4 onsite and 1-2 offsite auction sales. You can expect to work extra hours for 2-3 weeks prior to each sale, during each sale, and for 1-2 weeks after each sale
- Travel as required to other auction sites within the region
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
What we offer:
- Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime
- Meals catered at auction time.
- To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site, LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; MarketPlacee, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls, please.
Primary Location: CA-AB-Nisku
Work Locations: Edmonton 1500 Sparrow Dr Nisku T9E 8H6
Job: Yard Operations
Job Posting: Apr 20, 2021, 4:50:59 PM