Strategy, People & Culture · Edmonton, Alberta
Who We Are
CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 130+ team members. CarePros not only provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behaviour diagnoses, but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood.
CarePros is a highly awarded organization with accolades including the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Diversity, the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Young Entrepreneur, as well as achieving Number 13 on the Canadian Business Startup List for 2020. With a combined 50+ years of management experience, CarePros has successfully grown its capacity and service offerings to provide 400,000+ hours of care across 300+ families over the last several years.
We are currently looking to hire a Part-time Payroll Specialist in Edmonton, AB. This opportunity will be a Full-Time Permanent position. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care.
What You'll Do
You will support the organization through:
- Managing the payroll process, payroll system and related interfaces from other systems.
- Processing Bi-Weekly Payroll for CarePros' Front-Line Hourly Staff
- Processing Monthly Payroll for CarePros' Contractors
- Communicate with various stakeholders (employees, management, executives, government, auditors)
- Manage the organization's RSP Program.
- Submit ROEs and ensure that final pay is completed in a timely manner in accordance to legislation
- Other duties as needed.
Who You Are
You have 2-3 years of progressive payroll experience. This position is ideal for a professional who thrives in a changing and flexible work environment. You are a self-starter, enjoy working in a collaborative and team-based environment, and are driven to produce exceptional results in a growing business.
You possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- Post-Secondary Certificate or Diploma in business or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a payroll professional.
- Working towards PCP certification is preferred.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office products.
- Experience working with Payworks and Quickbooks Online are considered an asset
- Experience submitting ROE and managing RSPs is preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll tax law and tax reporting requirements.
What We Offer
As a valued employee at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
- Performance-Based Pay Increases - If you are a great contributor, you deserve to be rewarded for it. CarePros rewards high performance with increased pay and bonuses.
- A flexible schedule that fits you – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Building relationships - We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.