Payroll Specialist (Part-Time)
Payroll Specialist (Part-time)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Employment Type: Part-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Setting a new industry standard for caregivers!
Who We Are
Today, CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 130+ team members. CarePros not only primarily provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behaviour diagnoses including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder (FASD), but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood. With a combined 50+ years of management experience, CarePros has successfully grown its capacity and service offerings to provide 250,000+ hours of care across 200+ families over the last several years.
CarePros strives to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What makes CarePros special is how much we encourage independent decision making, sharing of information, and respect candid discussion. We want great people working together as a team and that makes us fun, flexible, creative, collaborative, and successful.
We are currently looking to hire a Part-time Payroll Specialist in Edmonton, AB. This opportunity will be a Part-Time Permanent position, with the possibility of moving to full-time hours as the business grows. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care.
This position will work approximately 25-35 hour per week, depending on the Payroll needs for that week.
You will support the organization through managing the payroll process, payroll system and related interfaces from other systems. Overall accountabilities include supporting the processing of payroll and communicating with various stakeholders (employees, management, executives, government, auditors).
Who You Are
You have 2-3 years of progressive payroll experience. This position is ideal for a professional who thrives in a changing and flexible work environment. You are a self-starter, enjoy working in a collaborative and team-based environment, and are driven to produce exceptional results in a growing business.
You possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- Post-Secondary Certificate or Diploma in business or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a payroll professional.
- Working towards PCM certification is preferred.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office products.
- Working knowledge of payroll tax law and tax reporting requirements.
What We Offer
As a valued employee at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
- Performance-Based Pay Increases - If you are a great contributor, you deserve to be rewarded for it. CarePros rewards high performance with increased pay and bonuses.
- A flexible schedule that fits you – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Building relationships - We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.