General Service Worker
GENERAL SERVICE WORKER
Leduc Regional Housing Foundation
Reporting to a Department Head, the General Service Worker is responsible for
delivering a high standard of housekeeping and food services to the residents in the
1. Housekeeping and/or food service experience in institution/hospitality
2. Formal education in the area of housekeeping and/or food service would
3. Knowledge of W.H.M.I.S. program.
4. Emergency First Aid certificate.
5. Interest in working with, and meeting the needs of, the elderly.
1. Cleans resident rooms including the bathroom, changing the bed linen,
dusting furniture, washing windows, vacuuming and washing the
2. Cleans common areas (dusting, washing, mopping, and vacuuming) as
per the cleaning schedule and other assignments by the Head
3. Assists with the preparation of meals and snacks as directed by the
4. Serves the meals to the residents in a dining room environment.
5. Sets and clear tables; tidy the dining room and kitchen.
6. Washes dishes, pots and pans.
7. Reports to a Department Head any extraordinary circumstances which
may create an emergency situation (i.e., a resident's absence from meals,
faulty equipment, etc.); or resident's behaviour that may pose potential
danger (i.e. cigarette burns).
8. Works as part of the staff team to ensure that a high quality of support
services is provided to the residents.
9. Be pleasant and sincere in dealing with the elderly as well as staff
members, to provide a warm, homelike atmosphere.
10. Assist with inventory control of housekeeping and food service supplies
and equipment. Place orders for supplies with the Department Head.
11. Keep a record of maintenance items reported to you and record them in
the maintenance book.
12. Promote Health & Safety awareness:
participate in all aspects of the Health & Safety Program.
perform hazard assessments and use safe work practices.
report any injury, near miss, unsafe condition or unsafe act to your
make safety suggestions.
set a good example.
13. Other duties as may be assigned.
Leduc Regional Housing Foundation (LRHF) provides high quality, affordable housing and services to seniors, individuals, and families utilizing the exceptional skills and services of approximately seventy-five (75) staff members. Staff are employed in a variety of areas such as food and housekeeping services, maintenance, administration and management. We offer full time, part time, and casual positions that have a competitive compensation package which may include full benefits, such as dental, extended health care, life insurance, pension, employee assistance, and much more.
For further information on employment opportunities with LRHF please contact Human Resources at 780.986.2814 or click here to send us a message.
Employment Application Form - click here for an employment application form.