Child and Youth Care Worker - 30 - 40 hours per week
Setting a new industry standard for caregivers!
Who We Are
CarePros is a rapidly growing home care agency based in Edmonton, AB. At CarePros, we are passionate about enhancing the quality of life for our client’s and their loved ones. We deliver the highest level of care by leveraging leading edge technologies, cultural competency, and compassion from the best caregivers in industry. To maintain our place as an industry leader, we believe in continuously adapting our delivery model by implementing evidence-based practices from newly published research into training programs.
Quality home care is a fundamental human need; it gives us peace of mind that in the event of illness or tragedy, our loved ones will be taken care of. CarePros strives to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What makes CarePros special is how much we encourage independent decision making, sharing of information, and respect candid discussion. We want great people working together as a team and that makes us fun, flexible, creative, collaborative, and successful.
We are currently looking to hire Child and Youth Care Worker in Edmonton, AB. This will be a temporary employment opportunity with the possibility of extension at the completion of the probationary period. We currently have needs for 30-40 hours per week, with hours spanning 6am - 6pm. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care!
Who You Are
As a Child and Youth Care Worker, you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of child and youth care mental wellness practices and the processes and procedures involved in providing effective home care.
- Knowledge of CPR and First Aid techniques needed to assess and treat injuries.
- Proficiency in the English language, with the ability to comprehend instructions and communicate in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to actively listen, identify needs, and provide solutions to the client.
- Recognize and understand emotions and handle situations with empathy.
- Build and maintain cooperative and constructive relationships.
You have a post-secondary education specializing in Child and Youth Care or a related field. Related fields include a diploma, degree, or certificate in Social Work, Psychology, community addictions or mental health, follow-up support work, or educational assistance with disabilities. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Other qualifications include:
- You are certified in First Aid and certified as a CPR Level C.
- You have a valid and current Class 5 Drivers License and proper vehicle insurance coverage.
- You have passed a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
- You have the physical wellness and mental health awareness to handle daily exercise routine and other requirements as prescribed by the care plan and a high capacity for managing stressful situations.
Our hourly wage ranges from $16.00 to $19.00 per hour.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.