Pharmacy Assistant - Part Time
COVID-19 screening questions will be asked and documented during the interviewing process. Hiring decisions will require, among other criteria, a determination of low risk based on the answers.
Pharmacy Assistant - Part Time - Safeway 8899 - Wetaskiwin, AB
Requisition ID: 58870
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: National Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Alberta (CA-AB)
Location: 8899 Wetaskiwin Safeway Pharmacy
Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
The Pharmacy Assistant is responsible for providing superior customer service in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner. The Assistant is responsible to identify and schedule professional clinical services as well as focus on the achievement of pharmacy excellence in the areas of customer service, workflow efficiencies, and inventory management. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
For Pharmacy Assistants in Safeway locations, we recognize and may provide credit for previous (recent) comparable experience with wages up to a maximum of $23.20 per hour.
- Prescription assembly – data entry
- Process customer transactions (receive and release prescriptions)
- Receive in-person and telephone refill requests and record deliveries
- Pill Pack Assembly
- Filing prescriptions, ordering and replenishing supplies, cleaning
- Drug order creation and receiving
- Schedule professional clinical services (i.e. medication reviews, health risk assessments, disease state managements etc.)
- BTC management
- Administrative Duties: cycle counts, narcotic counts, return to stocks, TML’s, manual third parties
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Assist with other pharmacy operations as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Pharmacy Assistant certificate from a recognized Canadian College
- Will consider applicants with 2 years retail Canadian Pharmacy Experience in lieu of certificate in some Provinces
- Experience with Sobeys National Pharmacy Group Computer systems
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.