The Position: The County of Wetaskiwin is seeking an Engineering Technologist to assist the Director of Planning & Economic Development with the development and effective implementation of the Department’s strategic plan. This position requires considerable interaction with the public, developers, developer’s consultants including engineering professionals, regulatory agencies and other County departments. The Engineering Technologist shall be able to complete tasks and responsibilities with direct liaison with other Directors and outside agencies. Must hold confidential all items so deemed by the Director of Planning & Economic Development or the Assistant Chief Administrative Officer. Hours of work are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or as required.
Tasks & Responsibilities: Assist the Director with long range design and standards policy research. In accordance with the direction of the Director of Planning and Economic Development, develop, maintain and keep at current industry standard, the County’s Design Guidelines and Construction Standards.
The County of Wetaskiwin offers a strong corporate culture, an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary grid. Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume listing job posting competition number, qualifications, experience and education by 12:00 p.m., July 19, 2019, to the address below or selectSubmit Resumebutton. Only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Possess an Engineering (APEGA) designation related to Municipal Design, or R.E.T, A. Sc. T, C.E.T, C. Tech, accreditation with The Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET) or related background.
- Ability to interpret design drawings including road, storm water, deep and shallow utility.
- Possess a valid Alberta Driver’s license and be able to travel and perform necessary inspections of local municipal improvements at subdivision and development sites and provide interpretation of the County Design Guidelines and Construction Standards to developers and consultants during inspections.
- Willingness to pursue further education such as an Applied Land Use Planning Certificate or further technical education as required.
David Blades, Director of Planning & Economic Development
County of Wetaskiwin No. 10
Box 6960 , Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 2G5
(780) 352-3321 (phone) / 780-352-3486 (fax)