Product Marketing Manager – Truck Rigging and Trailer (3992-046)
Product Marketing Manager – Truck Rigging and Trailer
Brandt is a diverse manufacturing and distribution company that makes equipment for farmers, contractors, landscapers, loggers, manufacturers, miners, pipeliners, railways, roadbuilders, steelmakers and beyond. As part of our commitment to making our customers more productive and more profitable, we’re investing heavily in new product development. That commitment includes new facilities, including our multi-million dollar engineering center in Regina, Saskatchewan, new equipment, software, training and hiring great people that will help Brandt deliver value to its customer base.
The Product Marketing team is responsible for understanding and leveraging the product value proposition and building the marketing tools needed to facilitate a successful launch and growth strategy. Through a deep understanding of the customer and the competitive landscape, The Product Marketing team shares in the responsibility for developing, articulating and helping to execute a strategy to create a portfolio of products that are competitively priced, appropriately featured and aligned with the distribution strategy of the organization. Product Marketing is a key position that supports putting the right product in the right place, at the right price at the right time.
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing the Product Marketing Manager – Truck Rigging and Trailer Products is responsible for shaping the vision for what Brandt sells into the market and what features and benefits are in our products that deliver value to the customer. The position works at the intersection of product development, sales, and marketing and will ultimately have responsibility for generating the tools needed achieve success in the market.
- Engineering the message of product changes to end use customers in an understandable way.
- Maintaining a framework for evaluating our product lines, including market size in units and dollars, market share, revenue, margin and product support opportunities.
- Maintaining a framework for engaging with our customers and dealers to understand their wants, needs, problems, image, understanding, etc. as it relates to our product lines. This includes both ongoing feedback and project specific feedback.
- Assisting with the pricing and product positioning strategy.
- Effectively translate technical product feature sets into simple customer-focused benefit statements.
- Working closely as the main client of Brandt’s internal creative agency to aid in the creation of compelling marketing material and tools to support the sales process.
- Understanding how effective sales tactics are in reaching quality prospects and increasing market share.
- Definition and delivery of sales training.
- Supporting the sales process with marketing deliverables.
We want a candidate who has experience developing and articulating a product marketing strategy for a manufacturing company. The ideal candidate can come from a variety of backgrounds and will have:
- A passion for learning how customers procure and use our products
- Creativity and problem solving abilities
- Excellent organization & communication skills – written, verbal, and digital – especially when interpreting and translating technical terminology into valuable insights for the marketing and creative teams.
- The ability to work with all levels and departments in the organization.
- An understanding of business and product financial metrics.
- The ability to travel 1 week per month if necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
- 5+ years in a product Marketing role
Position Type - Full-Time/Regular
Company - Brandt Industries Ltd.