ATS Engagement No. 6262
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Receptionist your responsibilities will include:
• Receive and welcome clients/visitors into our office in a friendly and courteous manner
• Answer and direct telephone inquires
• Maintain and coordinate schedules for internal meeting spaces
• Schedule and coordinate appointments and meetings
• Receive and issue receipts for in-person client payments
• Receive and distribute emails, faxes and couriers accordingly
• Maintain contact database and assist with mail-outs
• Maintenance of client filing system
• Administrative tasks (i.e. prepare reports, letters, forms, etc)
• General ad hoc administrative tasks such as data entry and typing various documents
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Receptionist? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• Previous receptionist experience considered an asset, preferably in a professional office environment
• Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel) and excellent data entry skills
• Strong client-service focus with an approachable/accommodating demeanor
• Ability to consistently maintain composure, utilize sound judgment and demonstrate excellent attention to detail
• Ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks while maximizing efficiency and effectiveness
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated initiative and proven track record for attendance and reliability
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.